What's wrong with young kids having a relationship?

I think people are making a big deal out of nothing, or simply overreacting.

People think that it is overreacting to fuss about gay couples or lesbian couples.

I think it is overreacting to fuss about young kids being in a relationship.

There is hardly any difference between kid couples and adult couples (just like with black couples and white couples).

Don't be a hypocrite and say there is no difference between black people and white people (other than skin color) and act like there is a difference between kid couples and adult couples (as other than age, there isn't a difference)

to me, people are just overreacting and are hypocrites

P.S. I am an adult.  I'm 22.  

I know that young kids aren't supposed to be engaging in sex as that is statutory rape (well the laws vary state by state).  But if kids are in a relationship that does NOT involve sexual activity (just like with SOME relationships where the religious couple are against premarital sex) then I think people are overreacting.

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

I don't think there's anything wrong with kids being in relationships.  Lots of kids in the range of 14, 12, even 10 years old have a boyfriend or girlfriend.  Falling in love is one of life's experiences and there's no reason they shouldn't experience that.  There's certainly no guarantee that the relationship will last a lifetime or even into adulthood, but that's a part of the experience too.  People freak out way too easily over minors being in romantic relationships.  They need to chill out and back off.  And when it comes to those younger couples becoming sexually active, which can very easily happen, that's why it's vitally important that parents ensure their kids have a very comprehensive and unbaised sex education to make sure their kids can make smart, well informed decisions if they do choose to do something sexual despite their parents' preference they don't.

Are you talking about kids with kids or kids with adults relationships?

• whoever posted this propably meant kids with kids

• reme_1

When you say kid couples are you referring to teens? Or younger ????? Teen age kids can not make rational decisions. That is why we are here to help them make proper decisions. I think you need to get your head screwed on better because you are making some very crazy statements.

• teenagers can make better decisions than kids

I am sure you had a good point to make, if only I could follow you.

It's tempting to give a snarky answer, but the truth is that it's only been a hundred years since we found that children are not just small adults. I think we should spend more time guiding them and answering their questions than dismissing them and always saying "No!"

• There is a huge developmental difference.

LGB-PEDOPHILE is a thing, but keep it on the downlow

• abcdef

Not clear what you mean by "young kids" - age wise.  Teenagers often form couples.  At that age they are interesting in auditioning for adulthood.  There is nothing wrong with forming couples - it's called having a boyfriend/girlfriend.  Teenagers do it all the time.  The problems arise when these "young kids" for emotional attachments and then one moves on to another.  Teenagers are notoriously fickle in their attachments. That is normal also.  Very few remain in long term relationships and because of the emotional attachments, some can get very hurt.  That's not to say that it is unwise - learning to cope with hurt and abandonment is also part of maturing.  For some though it can be scarring for life.  If you are suggesting that a "young kid" form a relationship with a much older adult, that can be very problematic because of the power imbalance and the scarring can be serious.  The problem with your question is not whether or not it is appropriate for "young kids" to form relationships, it is that the meaning of your question is vague or at least unclear.

• Cogito

Children are not sexual beings.  They are not physically or mentally ready for any romantic or sexual relationships.  That's why it's illegal.

Paedophiles are evil criminals who destroy lives.

• By child, do you mean a fully developed 17 year old or fully developed 20 year old? Depending on whether you consider adulthood to be 18 or 21.

They are under the age of consent. You sound pervy.