Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do you believe Jesus existed? Was he the Son of God?

Historically, I believe he did exist. Jewish Historian Josephus wrote about him:

"About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one ought to call him a man. For he was one who performed surprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. He was the Christ. And when, upon the accusation of the principal men among us, Pilate had condemned him to a cross, those who had first come to love him did not cease. He appeared to them spending a third day restored to life, for the prophets of God had foretold these things and a thousand other marvels about him. And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared."

The historian Tacitus also wrote of Pilate, and the execution of Jesus.

Now was Jesus indeed the Son Of God? Josephus certainly thought he was. As did the early Christian's, specifically the apostles Peter and John, who testified before the Jewish Sanhedren, shortly after the execution of Jesus:

"Rulers and elders of the people! If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame and are being asked how he was healed, then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed...As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.” - Acts 4:8-10, 20.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Christ Jesus is a son of God for He is the miracle that we are still alive and sufferings.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Doc
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I doubt that he was in fact a real person. Given there are so many accounts of him being all over the place. It's likely the myth was based on different people compiled in to one.

• 1 month ago

Yes, and yes, but most Christians deny that.

• 1 month ago

Yes of course he was exist, he is a prophet for Muslims and a GOD for christians.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • What a strange question, but are you telling the believers or atheists?

Jesus Christ is God, in his Deity he is, even man!

• 1 month ago

I believe there was this guy called Jesus, he was probably a religious leader. However, the 'son of god' errr no.

BTW:

Josephus was writing 60 or so years after JC was suppose to have lived. Putting that in modern terms, that is about the time from WW2 to now. We now have many systems for recording information. Also, people live longer, thus witnesses are easier to find. Yet we still have contradictions and errors in interpreting what happened.

Josephus would have had 'word of mouth'... ever played Chinese whispers?

• Richard
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I concur with you.  There is ZERO contemporaneous evidence of his existence.  These "Historians" wrote this stuff decades after Jesus was gone.  So far, every piece of "evidence" was proven to be fraudulent.

• 1 month ago

Jesus made the way for peace with God. I accepted him in that way and God responded to me when I did. God is trustworthy, and always tells the truth.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • 1 month ago

It is entirely possible that one specific person, Jesus of Nazareth,  walked the Earth and was the core of the rumours, stories, books, songs, and eventually, films about him.

It is a FACT that Davy Crockett walked the Earth and was the core of the rumours, stories, books, songs, and eventually, films about him.

But the songs and stories and books are not evidence that the legends are TRUE.

Do you REALLY believe that, at the tender age of 3, he killed a bear?

Do you REALLY believe that he teamed up with another legendary frontiersman, Mike Fink, to battle river pirates?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/P3YAAOSw3vFbWfNJ/s-...

Attachment image
    • ...Show all comments
    • Richard
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Crockett REALLY DID exist, and he was a member of the US Congress (1833-5).  There is hard evidence of his existence, although most of his feats were tall tales.  He WAS killed at the Alamo.

• 1 month ago

Streets of gold, and mansions beyond the clouds, 

are things that will never be found in an afterlife that 

is completely void of conventional physical manifestations. 

Either the bible is wrong, or Jesus never existed.  

• 1 month ago

I think Jesus probably existed, but was just a man.

Why would Josephus have written that Jesus was the Christ, when he was not a Christian, or even a Messianic Jew. That passage has either been altered, or is a complete fabrication, by dishonest Christian scribes.

• 1 month ago

Yes, He existed from the beginning, actually.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.