Anonymous

What is the average amount of times a married couple in their early 40's have sex?

Hey everyone.  Was having this discussion with my wife last night.  How many times a year do married couples in their early 40's have sex?  We have 4 kids 12, 11, 6, and 3.  We both work full time (she just returned to the work force after being a stay at home mom)  Our kids are pretty busy with sports.  I work 5-6 12 hours days she has an 8 till 5.  I take care of 95%of the cooking and cleaning around the house she gets the kids up and ready for school since I leave for work at 3 a.m. and cleans up around the house on occasion.  I've read most couples in their 40's fool around once a week on average she said no way she seen 8 times a year.  Now I love my wife deeply and would love to make love with her nightly, but every other month is a bit rough to handle sometimes.  What say you?

• Foofa

It would be kind of a miracle for parents of four who both work full-time to be able to have sex at all (unless they get a baby-sitter). But it all comes down to what you two negotiate and how much childcare and how many weekend getaways you can afford. It's certainly not all rational to believe with all this going on (and you apparently working the night shift) that this could happen every day. But if you make this a priority, have a child minder on speed dial and can institute a "date night" you may be able to be intimate more often. Your wife appears to be female, meaning some two minute meeting in the laundry room isn't going to do it for her. You're going to have to make time to do it right so that she enjoys it too.

You sound like the wife, she sounds like the man. Maybe you should let her top you and she’d be down for nightly fun-fun.