Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Fellow Christians: could John MacArther be a false teacher?

Sure.

Any teacher COULD be a false teacher.

If his teachings are different from those of Christ, then he could well be false. Jesus Christ had warned us against such guys in....Matt 7:15.

Then if it is not from Christ, it is no gospel at all ... Read Gal 1:6-9.

• Joe

Need to cite specifics. John MacArthur is not inerrant and I am certain he has never claimed to be inerrant.

MacArthur is a false teacher, because he teaches works for salvation, which leads to hell.  Avoid him.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• Annsan_In_Him
      1 month agoReport

What 'works' does he teach as necessary for salvation? You need to be specific when making specific accusations. Why does anybody need to "Avoid him"? 

A teacher of God should teach people to know God for themselves thus making him redundant to those people.

If people keep going back to him then he is failing as a teacher of God, for if people can hear God for themselves why would they need a teacher?

You do the Maths, as they say.

• Ala

Calvinism is false. That would make him a false teacher.

None of us have the whole truth. I listen to many different teachers and compare it to what I see in scripture. I also keep in mind that my understanding is limited and therefore try not to judge others too harshly. I have found things from every person I have ever listened to that I disagree with. Sift out what agrees with scripture and let the rest go.

Only if he preaches Christianity...

-Corvus Blackthorne