I’m gay why is the guy I have a crush on reacting this way how would you interpret the situation?

There is a guy that I see on my bus ride to work. He is a bit older than me and works as an engineer near my office. He immediately noticed the attention I was giving to him. At first he seemed overwhelmed with the attention I was giving to him and would avoid and ignore me. I thought I got the message he was not gay or he was not interested in me but after awhile he opened up a bit and would akawardly come into my bubble and sit or stand really close next to me but not say a word to me. I get so nervous when he does that and sometimes I forget to breathe. However it is very inconsistent. There are days he suprises me where he would stand closely next to me or decide to sit next to me on the bus even though there are other empty seats and there are days when he sees me he looks upset and would keep his distance from me. Sometimes he makes it apparent to get off the next stop to avoid me but some days when he does sit or stand next to me he gets off the same stop as me. When we make eye contact sometimes he gives me a devilish smirk 😏 as if he wants to tell me that he knows I fancy him and it’s not friendly at all as if he thinks it’s amusing and funny that I find him attractive. He is kind of a reserved dorky guy so it’s unusual to me for that type of guy to react that way. Since he makes me nervous i kind of give him an awkward smile to show that I’m friendly and sometimes he gives me an awkward smile back not the usual devilish smirk he gives me.

• abcdef
    Favorite Answer

Have you even said "hello" to him?  Have you said "have a nice day" when he leaves the bus?  In other words, have you tried just a civil, non-intrusive approach?  He can't possibly know what you're thinking or what your smile or eye contact means.  But two things to aware of.  He might be in a relationship already (perhaps even married but in the closet and wants to keep it that way) or he may be dangerous.  So be very careful about meeting him anywhere but in public until you get to know him.  After a couple of a couple of times of saying hello - nice weather (whatever) - go on to a football game or movie that you saw - in other words, just idle chit chat. Then, you might want to find out if he'd like to have coffee..

• 1 month agoReport

Please, burn in hell already you vile vermin. 

I would 'interpret' it as him getting weirded out by this guy who is always looking at him on the bus, but never says 'hi'.

Ask him out and see what happens.

You are a villain, a disgusting freak.

• 1 month agoReport

I'm a proud "homophobe", you degenerate. You're a filthy animal stalking around to see who you can commit perversion with. BURN IN HELL YOU PIG. 

• reme_1

You might want to let go of this strange person and go meet people you know are gay at the gay center.