Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 2 months ago

My 17 year-old daughter still sleeps with stuffed animals, how do I get her to stop? ?

my daughter is 17 and applying for colleges but she is STILL sleeping with stuffed toys. i always tell her that they're a waste of money and they have no use, and i never let her buy them if i see her get one when we're in a store, but she usually goes behind my back and buys them herself or goes shopping with her mom instead. 

our son stopped sleeping with stuffed animals when he was around 7 and never goes out of his way to get them unless he's given one by a friend as a gift. 

how can i make my daughter act more like her brother and realize that she's about to graduate and it's immature to keep plush rabbits? 

• 8 hours ago

Buy her a GROWN UP TOY for her next birthday and a years supply of batteries or a plug in adaptor for it. Some call it a BUTTERFLY.... or a pocket rocket if she is off to school...

• Joe

How long have you been a control freak ?

She's 17 and about to become independant, get off her back. What's the harm in it ? It's her private life how she wants to sleep, and when she gets a boyfriend (or girlfriend, who knows) he won't care about her stuffed toys, I guarantee it.

• Prissy
      3 weeks agoReport

Well,if my boyfriend had any stuffed animals with him, i would not  see anything wrong with it. 

why not just leave her be?

While she is away, take a stuffed animal away from he bed. Then rip it up. Do this again and again over time to not make it look sumptuous. Then, once all have been extracted, dig a grave for all of them in your backyard. Make sure to pay proper homage with a gravestone, after all, they have fought the boogie monster for years for your daughter. Then, dig another grave 7 feet deep and 7 feet long, according to regulations this is a good amount (depending on her width, and based on details, she seems mediocre). Some time later, when your daughter is upset with you at some point, take her for a walk outside. Show her the grave, wait untill she cries, hit her over the head with the shovel used to dig the grave, and then take the toxic dear from step 37 clause 5 and put it in the empty grave. Use your daughter's foreskin as a gravestone for the dear. Problem solved.

•  What the absolute ****? get LOTS OF HELP! 
      You're a psychopath and girls dont have foreskins!
      since nobody is recommending good psychiatrists, i'll leave your psychotic *** to search them!
      The Best Therapists | Top Online Counseling Website‎Adwww.betterhelp.com/‎

• Prissy

Since your daughter is,sleeping with her stuffed animals, not harming anyone, you should actually not get her to stop.

Better a girl of 17 who sleeps with her stuffed animals than a girl of the same age who sleeps around with a different boy at week. 

I’m 26 Male and sleep with a stuffed animal. I’m not gay either, it’s just something that comforts me

I don't see a problem with it. I'm 20 and still like to sleep with mine. I like something under my arm and it's comforting. 

You should try expressing your concerns to her, but remember that she is almost an adult and has the right to make the decision to keep them around.

• Tasm

Na, she will fit in at college. Why you trying to take her happiness away?

Last time I checked, sleeping with stuffed animals was not a crime nor morally wrong. So you better count your blessings. Would you rather her sleep with stuffed animals or with strange dudes?