What is the best way to clean my bathroom after the upstairs apartment’s shower trap leaked and the ceiling fell through?

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Call landlord fast

• Login to reply the answers
  • Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Before doing anything - contact your property manager to report the damage to your ceiling.   Check with them to see what will be done to fix the ceiling.  At the point when they are examining the damage, ask how soon they can at least pull away anything that might fall.

If they are refusing to do anything, then the next step is to place down a large plastic tarp.  Get dust masks and gloves, and cut away anything that might fall and allow it to fall to the tarp.  

After anything that could fall has been removed, it would be safe to leave the ceiling repair for later - fight property management or the upstairs neighbor to cover the cost and arrangements for the repair.

To clean your actual bathroom from anything that might have already fallen, use a bathroom cleaner that also has bleach in it.  You may also want to spray the ceiling with something that will kill mold.  Moisture in walls or ceilings creates a risk for mold growth.  You can  blend of household items like vinegar, and water then spray on area to kill mold.  

https://www.maids.com/cleaning-hacks/3-non-toxic-w...

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hire a registered contractor to fix it, insurance should pay for it

• 2 months ago

i would just pay someone to clean it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would hire someone to do this service.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.