How many days dles the army give you after graduation wifh your family?

Hello, I am planning to join the army soon and I have a general question. I just wanted to know the time period you have before your MOS school after bootcamp graduation.

I started AIT about two days after basic. Of course, I was at Fort Sill and just had to move from one side of the post to another.   Your experience may vary, depending upon your MOS.  I didn't get to take any leave time until after AIT, and that was just a week at Christmas time.

Source(s): Basic training, 1978.

It varies.  I went immediately from Basic to the school where my trade training was to be, with no time off in between at all.  At the new base, there was a month wait for the training to begin, so, after two weeks, they let us have Christmas leave, so, I went home.  But, this can really vary.  There is no set time off after Basic.

• ?
      1 month agoReport

Canada.

• Mrsjvb

None.  Best you can hope for is the afternoon of graduation and all or part of the weekend following.  But no overnights and if you have duty, you can’t spend any time with them

• Mark B

Normally, you don't "get" any.  The schools are scheduled to correspond with your Basic Training graduation so you will go immediately from one course to the next.  You will have 1-2 travel days.  Often you leave the day of graduation and are taken straight to the airport in the late afternoon.

SOMETIMES, there will be changes.  This could be if an AIT is rescheduled, you are delayed at Basic, or a course fills from other students being recycled at AIT.

Christmas exodus might allow you extra time, but you may be required to report to AIT before being granted any leave.

During graduation, you will have SOME time with your family.  In uniform, on base or the immediate area.  That is really just family day and time until you must travel for AIT.  If your AIT is near the Basic Training base, you MIGHT be able to request travel by personal vehicle by your family.  That is not guaranteed to be approved.

you leave the next day for mos school

• R K

i had the weekend.

• Daniel

Often none.  Some MOSs combine basic training with MOS school with OSUT.

Even if you have time between the two, you'll have earned a whopping 5 days of leave while in basic.  Don't blow it.  You should use your leave sparingly during your first year or so to build up a balance for a decent vacation or if something comes up, like a death or sickness in the family.

• .

you get 30 vacation days per year, date of advanced training after basic training limits days off between the two

i would ask the military this question