Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

I have a really hard time with the pressure to be happy on Christmas and Christmas week. How do I avoid getting sad for no reason?

I get sad for no reason other then the pressure to be happy and feeling "I have to be happy". The years I am not happy I feel terribly disappointment the week after Christmas and throughout the winter. So a bad Christmas leads to a bad period until spring.

So how do I avoid getting sad for no reason at Christmas? Extra pressure this year as it is a big new years, Year 2020.

Favorite Answer

Convert. Boom. No Christmas. Or just try volunteering at a soup kitchen. Helping others not only helps you too but helps you see how much you really have in life. It's not unusual to feel that way. Consumerism doesn't feed our souls. 

• justin

send me a mesage my insta is camaro codybattery my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310 and my facebook is camaro elfyboy with a pink sword art online anime picture. I am not a poster so don't worry if i have nothing up. it is too complicated for me. I am here to be supportive and if ur struggling with faith I have a strong connectionto god and ask him my questions personally and the answers i recieve are usually more comforting than the copy pasted ones i hear at church. I can help u understand if u need it. my method of support involves hugs and adorableness sometimes so if ur not cool with that tell me and il try to adjust to ur needs.

i would just try to have a good time and not worry about it

My family and I are looking forwards to Christmas with excitement just as we do every year. We have a roof over our heads, food to enjoy, and the pleasure of the company of all of our friends and relatives. There is no greater joy than sharing our holiday with those we treasure. You should try it. Happy holidays !.