Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

What has Biden done in the decades he was a congressman?

He's talking about things he'll do but I then have to ask why he hasn't tried doing these things as senator?

And please don't take away from Obama's legacy by saying asinine things like "Obamacare".

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well, I do have to agree with you that Obamacare was asinine.  It was the worst tax on America in history.

Biden has spent his time doing so much important things as a senator and VPOTUS that I can't think of anything.  Oh!  Wait!  There's the fact that he enriched himself by selling out his influence to the highest bidder.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

He is a leach/a parasite "Dead Meat on the payroll"

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I’m no fan of Biden, but I believe he has done good as Senator and Vice President.

• 1 month ago

Not much..... Biden has always been a political hack!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Being elected to the Senate at 29 & turning 30 before being sworn-in, Vice President Biden was never in the House and/or technically a Congressman. But, as you correctly referenced, he did serve in the Senate for decades. For most of the early years in the Senate, he returned home EVERY night on the train to see/put his sons to bed after the death of his 1st wife/daughter.  Which may not be relevant to him as a Senator--even though he always worked on behalf of/for the people of Delaware, says a HELL of A LOT about him as a person & Dad. As a Senator, he held great seniority over the years serving as Chair of the Judiciary & Foreign Relations Committees overseeing the nominations of Supreme Court Justices for Presidents of both parties and the entire Federal court system as well as Secretaries of State & Ambassadors among others in the diplomatic corps. 

He was involved with a substantive volume of legislation both as Chairman and an individual Senator the most well-known of which included; the Violence against Women Act, the Crime Bill, Brady Bill and Assault Weapons Ban. Likewise, as Foreign Relations Chair, he was involved w/ not only issues of diplomacy but also military, foreign aid and war at the highest levels.  He was picked as President Obama's running mate in 08 b/c of the substance from his work as a Senator & Foreign Relations Chair and b/c he had extensive relationships with both parties as well as current and former world leaders.        

With that said, being a supporter, I am more concerned with the current & not too distant future than his background & undeniable qualifications. Honeslty, it's a shame for him and the country that he didn't have the opportunity to run/win in 16 b/c he would have been, and still can/will be, a good POTUS.  And, I don't just mean the obviously low bar of being compared to Trump. 

• 1 month ago

NOTHING... HE did know how to kiss Obama's butt cheeks but to actually help the people..

HE HAS DONE NOTHING in the 40 years he has been in Washington.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He cozied up to a lot of banks and sponsored some of the legislation that makes it difficult to get out of credit card debt.

• 1 month ago

Google is the friend of those of us smart enough to know how to use it.

• scott b
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I think the URL you need is www.justfuckinggoogleit.com ;)

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Outlawed the rave scene and locked up many blacks.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well, little kids jumped on his lap!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.