What the hell is wrong with people? Why does this happen?

My sister has a friend who works at a boutique women’s shoe store and she sent my sister a video of an accident on Black Friday. She was recording the whole thing and her coworker opened the door and a rush of women just knocked him over and started stepping all over him. My sisters friend was like 10 feet to the side of the door and The video showed the man screaming very loudly in pain while she tried telling them 

to stop that Some one fell. No one listened and there were probably around 100 girls storming in. Some girl in her early 30s or so was wearing stilettos and she stepped on the guys face, her heel went through his cheek. You could feel the pain in the guys scream it was awful, but She just kept running. Eventually security came and the crowd started thinning out so they managed to disperse the crowd enough to grab him and get him out of there, he was unconscious by then. He survived but if they hadn’t of gotten there when they did he probably would’ve died. He had a ton of broken bones, internal bleeding and some vertebrae were broken and I think he’s partially paralyzed now. My sister’s friend found the woman in the heels And she had skin and blood on her heel. The only thing she said was omg ew, then acted as if she didn’t know he was there.  She nor anyone else asked if he was ok or seemed even sorry for the guy. 

How could they just keep trampling some one like that, It’s a persons life. Why would they just keep going as if he were a doormat? Disgusting.

Apparently some people value a discount over a human’s life. It’s sad, but it’s the unfortunate truth. I know a person who worked at Toys ‘R ‘Us, and this was back when Tickle Me Elmos were the thing. During the Christmas season, a lot of people were looking for this toy, and some random guy decided to scream “Hey, guys, there’s Tickle Me Elmos in this aisle,” and everyone went rushing into that aisle. My friend who worked there was on a ladder just stocking up some toys, when he fell due to all the people coming in on that aisle and got stampeded on by a similar manner. It was a really horrible thing, but unlike your story, the guy that shouted went to court and was punished.

Troll smarter, not harder.