Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

Which is worse? Animal abuse, or animal neglect?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Neglect is still a form of abuse, and both are extremely inhumane, and the animals do NOT deserve it. Animals are purer than most humans, and the fact that some of us purposely inflict pain onto them is just so incredibly selfish and unfair to them. The fact that it brings some twisted, and corrupt people JOY to hurt such beautiful creatures makes me sick.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm a little bias because of my job. But I will say this. I arrest more people for neglect than for abuse. Especially for neglect of horses. Both ARE criminal and both will get you arrested or fined(at least in my state).

Although many people do not recognize animal neglect as illegal animal abuse, many states have a provision specifically addressing animal neglect written into their animal cruelty laws; others allow animal neglect to be prosecuted under the general cruelty statute prohibiting acts of "torture" against an animal.

• Angel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Animal abuse. Abuse is done purposefully while neglect can be pure stupidity or laziness with stupidity it isn’t always intentional.

• Amber
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I see them a the same thing. Neglecting an animal is a form of abuse. Abuse is a form of neglect in some situations. both should be punishable

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They're both terrible and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  It seems so common that people who intentionally harm animals are liberal.  It's one of the reasons I really don't respect liberals at all.

• 1 month ago

It's too hard to pick when both involve purposeful harm of innocent animals :(

• 1 month ago

Both are equally horrible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.