Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 2 months ago

Why do girls have to wear tights and boys don't?

Hi, so I am in theater and we are doing a show atm. The girls have to wear tight leggings and a leotard. While the boys get to wear black and like a tank top. How is this fair? I literally got yelled at for wearing what they wanted us to today. Everything was covered by since they were tan it shows like an upper leg. I didn't wear shorts since they said not to. Everything down there was covered by the leotard. But no, I had to cover up. While the boys get to literally snooze around and not have to worry about ANY of that. Why is this the case? Why did I even have the change?

Had to cover up as told to put something over.

Tan tights and tan leotard. Both of which were the right colors. Other girls were too.

• Mark

Sexism.  Good luck storming the castle.

• Joe

It's not fair.  The world is a sexist, old fashioned place.

• Cogito

Without seeing what you were wearing and what the other girls were wearing, how can we possibly know?  

All you have to do is ask the person who was yelling at you to explain her reasons.

Maybe your outfit was see-through or too tight or something?

• Marli

Did they specify the length and colour of the leggings? Were the other girls wearing the same length and colour as yours? Were your leggings properly attached to your leotard?