My teacher counted a "run-on" sentence wrong and I dont get it.?

"Take for example, Harrison Bergeron walked around with 300 pounds on him." That's the sentence he counted wrong. The context isn't very important. It's the weekend and obviously I dont have access to any grammar teachers ;-;

First, I think the word "counted" should have been the word "considered".  Second, he should have included the words "this sentence:" in order to clarify what the latter half of the example given had been.  Finally, the question as to whether it IS a "run-on" sentence may depend on what definition is given for the word "pounds".  (I mention this point because of the fact that the word "pound" can refer to a unit of British currency.)

I am still learning English.  

It's not exactly a run-on, but you haven't made the context clear.

I'm going to assume that the whole sentence is spoken by someone who wants to give an example of a phrase or structure, and chooses to take the sentence 'Harrison Bergeron walked around with 300 pounds on him' to demonstrate that phrase or structure.

So they would say:

"Take, for example, 'Harrison Bergeron walked around with 300 pounds on him'".

Your mistake was omitting the comma near the beginning, and failing to make it clear that the sentence about HBergerson WAS the 'example'.A shorter, simpler example:"Take, for example, 'cat'".

Harrison Bergeron strolled around with 300 pounds on him-is all you need

• Mike

Or, you could say "Take for example: Harrison...."

Harrison Bergeron walked around with 300 pounds on him- is all you need

teach is  a fusser   I opine that a list ( as below)  of booboos,in grammar everything in english. far more mundane and super common  spaghetti,----------->expediate, ( wrong,it is 'expedite') ,excetera,nucyuh ler,as per,true facts true history,past history,prior plans,prior history,future plans,various and sundry,excape,point n time,genral consensus,concensus of opinion,genril consensus of opinion. ( 'gen/rll' that is how bad word raconteurs make it sound) ,outer perimeter, loose lose,lossed lost,choose chose,,preboard prepay prequalify,prepay,preorder,preregister,regester, we'll,well,your,you're , would of,libary, to,too close proximity,general consensus,disorientating,nope nope,,origination,,nope,, word is origin,another couple, masonary,,as in bricklaying,,it is'masonry' not 'masonary'promissary,,as in 'promissary' note,,wrong,,it is promissory,,'promissory note'

teaches zero in in arcane out of use points and thingies to ding you for,

• Zirp

It's not "run-on", but it IS grammatically incorrect. It "doesn't parse".

Whatever the context, the sentence is incomplete and doesn't make any sense as it is

• JetDoc

Maybe you should ask your teacher when you get back to school on Monday.

• James

it's not a run-on, but as written it is a fragment