can I go back to an earlier version of yahoo mail where that was an option?

I can't get into my yahoo email. Msg I get is "can't get mail. Connection to server failed. Customer service couldn't help and told me to go to Technical support, but when you call they say you will have to pay a monthly fee for premium help. What gives???

If you are using a laptop or desktop computer, switching to basic Mail may solve your problem. 

•Select Settings (located in the upper-right side of the page)•Scroll down and click More Settings•On the left side of the page click Switch to basic Mail

• Sharon

Once Yahoo upgrades to a new format you can't get the old one back. They remove it from their server.

It's no longer possible to switch back to the classic version of Yahoo Mail. It has been discontinued. There are currently 2 versions of Yahoo Mail for desktop web browsers that you can use: Basic Mail and the full-featured Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln15936.html

• Darrell1 week agoReport

No  one  asked  them  to  do  this , why  didn't  they  inform  us  first !   Bad  decisions  on  their  part

Starting January 31, 2019, the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail.

• Darrell1 week agoReport

It  not  yet  Jan 31st,  until  than   don't  mess   with  our  mail , maybe  it  time   to  ditch  yahoo all together , seems  yahoo  going   down  hill big  time

• .

Not possible, what you see is what you get

• Darrell1 week agoReport

SUCKS  BIG  TIME !