John asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Any good mystery movies?

Hi i'm looking for some good mystery movies {not necessarily crime solving}. The characteristics i want them to have are:

-Mystery elements with suprising turn of events 

-Action

-A glipse of horror {just a bit i'm not looking for psychological movies or thrillers}

Examples are Murder on the orient express, the sherlock movies with RDJ. That kind of movies i'm looking for plz suggest 4-5 of them. Thank you

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Doc
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I would suggest "The List Of Adrian Messinger"

Premis: a well known author leaves his policeman friend a list of ten names scattered all over England. Asked him to check on them. The next day the author is killed. Airplane blown up.

The men on the list, one by one turn up dead.

"The Killers"

Two hired killers come to a small town. Their victim has the chance to run. But refuses to go.

Why ?

"The Verdict" ( Peter Lorri & Sidney Greenstreet)

Classic locked room murder mystery. Could have been the perfect crime.

"D.O.A. "

A man is posined, no cure. He has only one day to live and find his own murderer.

Classics all of them.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

good answer; also, The Big Sleep, Marlowe, The Maltese Falcon, Charade, The Last Boy Scout, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, The Pink Panther films(Peter Sellars/ Steve Martin), The Thin Man, After the Thin Man, The Saint, Exorcist II, For Your Eyes Only,+

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Sleuth (1972)

Lv 6
    1 month ago
  • 1 month ago

Dark Skies...………………...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Red Rock West...................

• exactduke
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Loved this movie.  Always thought it was his best.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

the white house[agent orange the new watergate.....the green mile.....the fugetive,,,,

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's not mystery per se, but I enjoyed the Jennifer Lawrence movie Red Sparrow.  She plays a Russian secret agent charged with seducing an American spy and there's a mystery throughout as to which side she's really on. 

An even better movie, but more action oriented, is Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron as a British agent in Berlin just before the fall of the Berlin Wall. 

From about 20 years or so ago is the excellent movie The Last Seduction with Linda Fiorentino as a manipulative criminal.

Another excellent one from the 1990s is Sneakers, which has an amazing cast including Robert Redford, Sidney Poitier, Dan Aykroyd, and Ben Kingsley.  Redford runs a team of misfits who test security at banks and other institutions in order to improve it.  They get hired for an unorthodox job which leads them into a big adventure.

• 1 month ago

FYI a to yagahss Ho hsjshsi

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.