Should I give my blind grandmother a card with her gift?

For Christmas this year I am giving everyone a gift, and with this gift is a handwritten note plus a drawing. I was wondering if it would be rude to exclude my grandmother from this because she is blind, or would it be rude to give her one because she is blind.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Rico
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you have access to a Braille typewriter, and know how to use it, put the message in that way.  You could also get a card with and embossed design on it and just tell her what you wrote on it

• Login to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Or you could be a superstar and get her a Braille Christmas card. They do exist and they're not crazy expensive. I saw some on zazzle.com last week.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Discrimination!!!🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's disturbing that you'd even have to ask.  Of course you should give her a card.   You can read it to her, you know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You can buy greeting cards for blind people, so consider this as an option for your Grandmother.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It would be nice for her to receive, she could display it with the others.

Perhaps you could read it to her and describe the drawing.

Or make a decorated card with materials, like a collage & maybe nice scents in it, to touch and feel / smell?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would give her one anyways and maybe write something in braille

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I was just at Hallmark today,  They had Christmas cards for the blind. They had raised designs and Braille.

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Treat your grandmother the same way you treat everyone else. Describe the note and drawing to her while she holds them. 

Instead of giving her a drawing, you might want to give her some art she can "see" on her own like something made from modeling clay or a drawing made with "puffy" ink that she feel. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.