Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 month ago

What is the best way to get into the Animation Industry as a Animation Director?

I'm 26 years old and also a comic strip cartoonist, I have always been interested in getting into the animation business by directing cartoon short films bringing my story and characters to life.

My animation style is somewhat similar to the classic Hanna Barbera style and I like to do a frame by frame 2d style cartoons.

I always wonder aside from moving to LA or Anaheim what is the best way to get into Animation, would I need to take a college class on Animation? or put together a pilot episode and send it to a network? I would like to hear your opinions and answers thank you.

Draw stuff really good.

I advise that you get a real education and a real job. Otherwise, you'll be in your 40's, stoned, and working on your "pilot episode" while STILL not realizing that it's not going to happen.

Waste your life some other way. You can still draw as a hobby.