My boyfriend doesn't want to hug me?

My bf is 27 and I'm 23. We're both sure of waiting until marriage. However, I'm a virgin and he became sexually active when he was 17 and gave his life to Christ just 3 years ago. Does he not want to hug me because he feels he won't be able to control himself? I know he is very attracted to me because he's told me. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

As you suspect, he doesn’t want to overstimulate himself. He thinks he won’t be able to control himself, and he’s probably right. 

Follow his lead. He knows what he wants and he knows what he’s doing.

If you catch him fooling around with someone else, dump him.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It's just a hug. Physical affection is an important part of relationships, and a hug won't lead to intercourse. Yes, men tend to get really horny really easily, but he should be capable of hugging you and comforting you without losing all control. If it's a lack of control that he's worried about, he might have bigger issues. You deserve to be happy in your relationship and hugs are very helpful with that.

• pretzel
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Thank you for your answer. 

• 1 month ago

When we are in a relationship, we need to accept our partner's wishes. about sex, about life in general too.

• pretzel
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

This is true. I know he has needs and we hope to marry soon.

• 1 month ago

When I first met my girl she sat next to me on a couch so I leapt up and pulled up a chair.  I didn't trust myself either. She encouraged me and we got past that stage. By setting the rules you have impeded intimacy.  One day this might be the destroyer of your life together. Which is one way in which religious beliefs can be counter productive.

• pretzel
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

You have a point. Most Christians do not date long and marry soon because of your point.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It is only a hug and I am pretty sure hugging is some mortal sin.  Gave his life to Christ? If he did that,  then what does that say about his faith in God?  I am confused here.

• No clue what that means but I have to do it again

• Linda
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Your boyfriend and you are not that far apart in age, which is good. That he also speaks about marriage with you is also a positive sign. So I guess you both are Christians I take it? I don't understand why he would think a simple hug would lead to full blown intercourse. That's ridiculous. So he is attracted to you but he can't kiss or hug you due to his beliefs? This doesn't make sense and if he wants to treat you more like a friend than a girlfriend then something is wrong somewhere. I would ask him what's wrong and why he feels like he does and then I'd move on unless he starts acting like a boyfriend and showing you that he likes you that way.

• ...Show all comments
    • pretzel
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

I've been wondering this too which is why I asked the question. Thank you for being honest. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The answer before thou... horizontal mambo

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

< Does he not want to hug me because he feels he won't be able to control himself?  >

Definitely introduces the risk you both start doing the horizontal mambo.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.