Am I on legal grounds to call the police and report someone picking up a shovel and rock and threatening to hit me? ?

I am in the state of Florida, and today I was verbally and physically threatened with weapons (shovel and a rock) by a staff member of the apartments I live in. She physically picked up these items and said she was going to hit me. Management failed to handle the situation, and I do not feel safe. I want to call the police but I'm not sure what can be done. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is no such thing as being on legal grounds.

Do you mean do you HAVE legal grounds?  Yes, in my State you do.

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Really Any Mouse?  You're an expert in the English language?  Standing "on" legal grounds is of course imagery of someone standing on solid ground in a legal case.  Perfectly good English.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

absolutely. record as much as possible for your own safety, not to demonize them. do your best to stay calm. breathe and survive

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. In most states being threatened, alone may be a crime. Especially so when the Actor has the means to deliver on the  threat.

When the actor also has a deadly device (shovel) and brandishes it, that may be the crime of assault. To be battery the actor usually must touch (hit) the victim.

Caution: Legal advice may only be given by a Licensed Attorney of the state. Advice by  a layman is only an opinion.

Call the coppers.

• ...Show all comments
    • oldprof
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

And Any Mouse is right; get a lawyer to help you with this if you do decide to take legal action.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.