Am I on legal grounds to call the police and report someone picking up a shovel and rock and threatening to hit me? ?

I am in the state of Florida, and today I was verbally and physically threatened with weapons (shovel and a rock) by a staff member of the apartments I live in. She physically picked up these items and said she was going to hit me. Management failed to handle the situation, and I do not feel safe. I want to call the police but I'm not sure what can be done. 

There is no such thing as being on legal grounds.

Do you mean do you HAVE legal grounds?  Yes, in my State you do.

• oldprof
      1 month agoReport

Really Any Mouse?  You're an expert in the English language?  Standing "on" legal grounds is of course imagery of someone standing on solid ground in a legal case.  Perfectly good English.

absolutely. record as much as possible for your own safety, not to demonize them. do your best to stay calm. breathe and survive

Yes. In most states being threatened, alone may be a crime. Especially so when the Actor has the means to deliver on the  threat.

When the actor also has a deadly device (shovel) and brandishes it, that may be the crime of assault. To be battery the actor usually must touch (hit) the victim.

Caution: Legal advice may only be given by a Licensed Attorney of the state. Advice by  a layman is only an opinion.

Call the coppers.

• oldprof
      1 month agoReport

And Any Mouse is right; get a lawyer to help you with this if you do decide to take legal action.