Moritz asked in TravelCruise Travel · 1 month ago

What do teen guys wear on a cruise night?

We are on a cruise during the Christmas holidays and my parents make me wear that tuxedo on 2 nights. 

Will other teens be similarly dressed or will I be the only one in such a ridiculous suit?

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Depending on the cruise line, you will definitely be in the minority not just for teens but for any male.

That being said, I agree that if it fits well and you look good you will be noticed, especially by the girls, and in a good way.

• ...Show all comments
    • Herfnerd
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Very few will wear tuxes, some may wear a suit, some will wear sports jackets but most will probably go with slacks/khakis and a collared shirt.  Don't worry, I am sure you will get appreciative looks from everyone, especially the girls

• Login to reply the answers
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Shorts, Hawaiian shirts and sandals.

• Moritz3 weeks agoReport

Funny...-.-

• 4 weeks ago

No you'll be happy you dressed up

Plus a great time to get the family photos done with

They have a gala night dressy so just go with it...great experience and youll make parents happy

• Moritz3 weeks agoReport

No, i won't be happy to wear this stupid suit. -.-

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

This suit is not ridiculous, it's very spiffy. So stop grumbling, you will have to wear it anyway.

And no, not many teenagers will wear a tuxedo like yours.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Depends on the cruise line.  Many have done away with formal nights.  That said, there are always one or 2 "special" nights and while there may not be other teens wearing them, it won't be out of place.  

I wouldn't worry about it.  As the other responder said, if it fits, you will look great.  Enjoy the novelty.  Cruising is a blast. My kids are adults now, but when they were little, and when they were teens, they really enjoyed it. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Artemisc
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Moritz, it's just dinner, and there is only 1 formal night on a 7 night cruise.  Don't let it get in the way of having a great time.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're more likely to be in the minority. But that's no problem, your tuxedo fits well and you'll make your parents proud.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.