Moritz asked in TravelCruise Travel · 1 month ago

What do teen guys wear on a cruise night?

We are on a cruise during the Christmas holidays and my parents make me wear that tuxedo on 2 nights. 

Will other teens be similarly dressed or will I be the only one in such a ridiculous suit?

Favorite Answer

Depending on the cruise line, you will definitely be in the minority not just for teens but for any male.

That being said, I agree that if it fits well and you look good you will be noticed, especially by the girls, and in a good way.

• Herfnerd
      1 month agoReport

Very few will wear tuxes, some may wear a suit, some will wear sports jackets but most will probably go with slacks/khakis and a collared shirt.  Don't worry, I am sure you will get appreciative looks from everyone, especially the girls

• Den B7

Shorts, Hawaiian shirts and sandals.

• Moritz3 weeks agoReport

Funny...-.-

No you'll be happy you dressed up

Plus a great time to get the family photos done with

They have a gala night dressy so just go with it...great experience and youll make parents happy

• Moritz3 weeks agoReport

No, i won't be happy to wear this stupid suit. -.-

This suit is not ridiculous, it's very spiffy. So stop grumbling, you will have to wear it anyway.

And no, not many teenagers will wear a tuxedo like yours.

Depends on the cruise line.  Many have done away with formal nights.  That said, there are always one or 2 "special" nights and while there may not be other teens wearing them, it won't be out of place.  

I wouldn't worry about it.  As the other responder said, if it fits, you will look great.  Enjoy the novelty.  Cruising is a blast. My kids are adults now, but when they were little, and when they were teens, they really enjoyed it. 

• Artemisc
      1 month agoReport

Moritz, it's just dinner, and there is only 1 formal night on a 7 night cruise.  Don't let it get in the way of having a great time.

You're more likely to be in the minority. But that's no problem, your tuxedo fits well and you'll make your parents proud.