Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

I need dog training advice. ?

This year I bought $2000 worth of toys for the local orphanage. Me basset hound puppy found where I hid them and chewed up every. last. toy. Now the poor orphans will have no toys on Christmas morning. All because of me basset hound puppy. How can I train him to leave stuff alone?

• Carson
    Favorite Answer

Be happy your dog is a Basset and will slow down.

Puppy proof your house. If you want it safe 24 inches off the floor with no way to it.

A puppy gets bored fast. If you do not entertain them they will entertain themselves.

Make a schedule that has the following

Walks, Eat, Play, play, play. Adjust it and Stick to it.

Buy and use repurposed fire hose toys at play time. Wear the lil bugger out.

Occassionally buy a cheap stuffed toy and under your supervision let him destroy it.

I buy soup bones for my dogs. My wife cooked them so, I do too. I've read its better not to cook them. Your dog will work on that for hours.

Since it’s a puppy, it’s totally your fault those poor orphans won’t have any Christmas gifts come Christmas morning.

Since you have had many dogs and you still have not learned that pup pies need boundaries, training and supervision you should be counting your blessings that the dog didn’t get poisoned, or ingested somebtoy parts and in turn need a $4000 gqsteric surgery.

What are you doing letting the pup have total unsupervised free run of your house including the storage area, closets and shelves above where the pup could reach.   Let’s face it basset pups can’t even jump up on beds let alone open doors, climb shelves etc.

If you were so lazy as to leave the toys laying around and the dog ate them all, your too dull to call your insurance company and report it then that’s on you, why is this our problem.

Aparently you’ve been too lazy to teach the dog boundaries and what’s okay to chew and what’s not.  You cure this problem by both learning to close doors, to put things up that are expensive and to limit where the pup can be when your not home.  Call your insurance agent.  Those poor orphans won’t go without then.

Try using a different breed than basset hound. Makes it WAY too easy to find and report every one of your unfunny questions, prick.

Even more boring than usual.

"All because of ME basset hound?"  Speak English much?

Sure kid,  whatever you say 

Just consider it Karma.

• marty

If you ever get two grand I doubt you'd use it on foster children. It seems you cant even afford a psychiatrist, which you desperately need.

Use a shock collar.