Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Can someone adhere to Buddha's teaching and still adhere to Christian teachings too?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Not likely since Buddha was an atheist.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Maybe some, but not all.  For example, the karma teaching contradicts Heb 9:27;

• No, God does not approve of the mixing of different beliefs. What does light have in sharing with darkness. Jesus Christ was sent by God to die for our sins, Jesus Christ said; I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, No one comes to the Father except through me. Jesus Christ is the ONLY mediator between God and man. If we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, he pleads to the Father for us.

• Oleg
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, you cannot serve two masters.

The teachings of Jesus Christ and Buddha are incompatible.

Buddha was just a philosopher, who depended on  his own opinions mixed with previous hinduistic beliefs (rebirth, karma, etc), he died and cannot save anyone.

Jesus Christ is the perfect image of God and the fullness of God's truth, love and grace.He died on the cross for our sins and was raised from the dead on the 3rd day to wash us from sin and raise us to eternal life, if we are baptized in His name.

Yes, parts of Buddhism in parts resemble some words of Christ, but others do not at all and contradict them.

Why would you need something else besides perfect truth and salvation from God?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The lessons are not incompatible so far as I have learned.

• 2 months ago

Of course you can.  All people of all religions cherry pick thr parts they want to obey and they parts they want to discard.

I studied Buddhist meditation & dharma from a nun who was both Catholic amd Buddhist.  She was the most calm, happy and enlightened person I've ever known.

• 2 months ago

We can do as we see the spiritual nature of both for it has been given.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Absolutely. The Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eightfold Path are not incompatible with Christianity in the slightest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.