Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Are you a liberal or leftist? According to you what’s the difference between the two?

Why do you identify as liberal/leftist but not the other?

Favorite Answer

To me they are both the same, and yes I am one of them.

• Zirp

Questions about the answerer are not allowed here.

Here in the netherlands, the word "liberaal" means almost the opposite of what "liberal" seems to mean in the USA.

I identify as leftist because income-disparity and power-disparity have gone way out of hand. It has nothing to do with the size of the government

• Mike W

I don't know.  Labels have become meaningless when someone who self identifies as liberal  supports some of the most illiberal policies imaginable.  

I do not identify with either general label, I am an individual without a specific category. Most of the time (90%) I do agree with liberal and leftist positions, however.

I'm for more democracy in the economy, so I'm a leftist. A liberal doesn't want democracy, just some handouts to keep the poor serving the system.

• Analogy: people keep changing the labels but the products stay the same,, i know what i'm buying