Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality Β· 1 month ago

Don't you agree rape victims are morally justified in seeking vengeance against their perpetrator?

Legally, illegally..Vice versa. If they killed their rapist out of vengeance later on in the future, would they not be justified in doing so?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes I should have right of vengeanceΒ 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Legally? Yes. Illegally? No.

People have the right to defend themselves with deadly force, but after the fact it's in the hands of the law.

• Retief
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not at all, revenge is not morally justified.

• 1 month ago

I get the fact that anyone that is raped, would in a fit of rage & kill the rapist...

At that moment, could we recall the scripture in which God says "Vengeance is mine"?. God wants us to heal physically, mentally and emotionally. If we know that our Father in Heaven is going to take care of the rapist, that frees us up to take care of our self with His blessings of recovery. Also, part of our recovery is that of "forgiveness" which brings us peace and serenity.

https://youtu.be/VGyJmShckcs

Youtube thumbnail

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nothing is bitter sweet for revenge than being happy, overcoming the situation, and moving on. Because that's what the suspect would try to deny you of, thus giving the suspect more power over your emotions and life.

• Juli
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Legal extermination would be the best fix.

• Pyrus
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Morally, maybe. But although the scar will remain for life, I doubt any sane person would be able to hold vengeance in their heart for so long. If they killed out of vengeance, then what is the point of justice? Rapists are sickos, but we're the civilized ones (so to speak). There actually was such a law here in Lebanon, but it was omitted not long ago, and it was in the case of accidental murder (for example a car accident. If the one inside dies, then their family (if they see them) can kill out of outburst of emotions)). But yea, it's banned now. Ultimately, even if they take their vengeance, it will never erase the scar (both physical and emotional).Β 

• "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Holding a grudge is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die." -(I actually have no idea who said that)

Yes, rape is a disgusting violation of your personal rights. And it's hard not to hate someone who does that to you. But hating him gives him power over you.

• 1 month ago

No, but the rapists should be castrated in public after announcing their crime.

• Mack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I agree you are an off topic troll.

Trancing, if you were smarter you could have just said, "well maybe not public..."Β  But you can't admit a mistake so you got stuck defending public castration.Β  Not smart....Β  And now you are a blocker due to your fragile ego. Β  Nice one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.