Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Terrorism, Saudi Nationals, vetting!, cool scenarios, but- What about getting rid of the guns? ?

I have yet to learn now he got his gun!

I have maintained that terrorist will find guns or other weapons no matter how restrictive the weapons laws are in a county.

As for getting rid of guns. The simple fact is it can not be done! The technology is not high tech. They can be made with a minimum of hand tools. A few other more advanced tools would be nice, but a person who knows what they are doing only needs a file. All the other tools can be made that are needed.

To liken it to something kind of silly-

When I was in high school it was against the rules to fly paper air planes in the classes, but that rule never prevented a student who wanted to fly one from flying one and the education system could not educate out of the students how to make one.

So we make guns illegal, tear down all the places that make them or ammunition. That only means what guns are made will be made by some one who doesn't plan on getting caught.

I prefer getting rid of the people who want to get rid of the guns.

I hear China's nice this time of year..and you'd fit in much better there.

:)

So you would rather that they complete their flight training and use planes like the 9/11 hijackers did?

The fact is that there are multiple ways to commit a terrorist attack and guns are only one way.

That certainly prevents terrorist attacks in England and France.  Oh.. wait.  Nevermind.

Please ignore the obvious and move on.