Emmy asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Should I tip a hairdresser who messes up?

So I got my hair extensions moved up 3 weeks ago and now they are a mess. They feel sticky at the top and 2 have already fallen out (they're supposed to last 8 weeks!!!) so my hair dresser said she would redo them free of charge. I don't know if I'm supposed to/should tip her for this. (I tipped her on the service when I first went because there weren't any apparent problems yet) Part of me thinks I should tip her again because she's spending 2+ hours of her life just to redo them for me and I know it's a lot of work but the other part of me doesn't want/feel like I should have to tip because I shouldn't be having to go back at all in the first place, especially when I paid a lot of money to get the service done.

I wouldn't tip her for fixing her mistake.

You've had to go in and waste your time having your hair extensions done again because the hairdresser didn't do the job properly in the first place.

Seriously, does that deserve a tip?  It wouldn't cross my mind to tip in those circumstances.

• Lôn

Of course not....you only tip good service.

no, they didnt do what you wanted why would you wanna pay them extra