My friend thinks everyone likes her? Why is she like this? ?

I think my friend is super pretty and I love her so much. However, she automatically assumes that every single guy is into her and it's starting to get on my nerves. Even when a guy shows some interest in me she always says stuff like "oh I think he's just like that with everyone." I guess it bothers me that she devalues any interest that a guy might have in me because it's taking attention away from her. I don't want to think that this could be her motivation or she just genuinely thinks that every guy likes her. I guess sometimes it just makes me feel annoyed because she always talks about how hot she is which I think it's great that she feels so confident in herself but I get the sense that she doesnt find my attractive. This kind of hurts my feelings because she acts like no one could be interested me (granted I know this isn't true lol) but it still upsets me. Also, it just gets annoying to constantly hear her mention how all of these guys are into her especially when at least some of them seem to show interest in me instead but she doesn't see it that way. Why is she like this and how should I go about bringing it up to her that it irritates me?  

• Helen
    Favorite Answer

Chances are, she's secretly insecure. Possibly even jealous of you.

Trust me, confident people do not feel the need to brag all the time, and they certainly don't put their friends down, even subtlety.

If you value the friendship tell her how you feel, but it seems she may be more of an enemy in disguise.

• sian

Why does it concern you? She may be right. Guys hang around all of us whether we want them to or not. It's a fact of life.

• sian

Siorry Emma - I realise what you mean and she seems just so insecure (& immature). I've always had guys chasing me but I would never claim to be any better than my friends. I bet you have better boys wanting you anyway.

• Foofa

Because she's insecure and competitive. There's no point in bringing it up because this is just her personality and nothing you can say is going to change that.