is VLC player the best media player around now or is there any other media player to rival it?

i'm just curious to know if there's any other media player around which is just as good as VLC player? 

i also have pot player media player installed on my computer too. anything else?

thanks for all the answers.

Favorite Answer

GOM Player is right up there with VLC, and has often played files for me that VLC chokes on. I work with a lot of surveillance video so have about 15 video players on my machine, most of which are proprietary to such recorders. There are multiple versions of Superplayer (not nearly as good as GOM or VLC) but it understands multiple camera setups that the mainstream players do not, so I can view everything at once instead of one camera at a time. My first test for any video is always Windows Media Player, because if it will play there, everyone else that needs to see the video can without me having to convert it to something (if at all possible, not all surveillance system files can be converted).

I like VLC but MediaPlayerClassic has been known to be a good one as well

• Lv 7

VLC is themost popular, and has been around the longest.

"best" is a matter of personal opinion.

i like it though.

VLC is the best media player. It plays all of your media files.

It works, never been problematic for me, the best ? well, it can match any. I use it playing FLV format videos which MS media player won't. Then again, VLC won't play VOB files, media player will.

Nero also has a player that supports some of the oddball video formats too.

• Olive

To me it always was. Also the windows media player

I am using since years (and trusting more) the Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) since VLC had many issues concerning sound or video, playing some videos rendered with various freeware software. It will play everything the VLC does. Though, its support stopped in 2017 (which won't bother me at all). I am finding it more useful than VLC because it has much more settings, plus I am using much the frame by frame forward (or backward), a feature VLC doesn't have.