Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Should I stop helping her?

I got a call from my former mother in law Pam asking for my help moving programs and data from her old computer to her new one. I really liked her when I was married to her daughter Lisa so I agreed to help her. She offered to pay me but I told her I don’t charge friends for my help.

Much to my surprise about a week later I got a call from Lisa asking me not to help her mother any more. She said her mom should be calling her current husband for help, not me. I told her that I would have a hard time not helping a friend that asked for help.

About 6 months later I got a call from Pam asking from my help again to get her computer up and running. I told her about what her daughter Lisa ask me to do. Pam said Lisa had told her the same thing and she ask Lisa’s husband for help with her computer and he fouled it up so bad it would not boot up. I went to her house and fixed her computer problem.

I am having second thoughts about helping Pam again. Am I going to cause Pam a problem with her daughter or is her relation with her daughter none of my business? What would you advise I do in the future? THANKS.

Favorite Answer

i dont think so

You have trolled this story since at least 2016. 

Keep helping Pam. Ignore Lisa. It is none of Lisa's business.

You are not causing any problems and their relationship is up to them. 

• Sandy

tell Pam not to tell Lisa you helped her. keep this "help" just between the two of you. or tell her to use the Geek Squad at Best Buy if she can afford it. 

I smell a troll, this sounds a LOT like a previous chain of posts.  if it's not, it's not up to Lisa to tell you who to help or not.  Pam and Lisa can work out their own issues.