Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Why does he keep bringing up the marriage topic?

Guy and I have been on 5 dates. He knows that I would like to be exclusive soon but he would like more time and to see how things go after the holidays. However, although he doesn't want to move too fast, he always bring up the marriage topic with me (reminding me that he wants to get married next summer). Why?? It is as if he is afraid I'll not marry him? The marriage topic was initially his idea....not mine. Im not the marriage type but he persuaded me.

Favorite Answer

5 dates? Marriage? Have you even done the deed yet? What if he refuses to go down on you? I think we are moving a little too fast here. Have a couple of dates with your vibrator and think this one over. Put on the binders and settle down. Holy Moly. Maybe we can discuss divorce in the meantime. Squido

• Foofa

You're probably going to have to tell him that next summer would be way too soon to get married even IF you were into the idea of marriage. But if he keeps this up he may be just too annoying to be with.

If you're not the marriage type, why haven't you run away from him? If he wants to get married and you don't, don't be with him. you are just leading him on.

Take one day at a time but take my advice getting married only knowing each other a year is a bad decision

• glcang

Ahemmm. Why don’t you frieaking ask him?

He's in a hurry.

• Helen

Run. For the hills.

< Why does he keep bringing up the marriage topic? >

Maybe he has a case of baby rabies (guys get it also)?  Get you married and then get you knocked out.  Whoo Hoo, good times.