Ashely asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Should I Be Worried About Not Pooping In Five Days?

I recently got a CAT Scan at the ER last week, and I had gotten rid of an unbelievable amount of air in my stomach. There was so much air, that my intestines were pressing and rubbing at my lungs, barely half way in my ribcage. I'm not in pain, but my urine sample was cloudy and full of contamination. And now, I'm peeing and feeling it only for the first 8 seconds before not feeling it at all, causing me to push so the rest can come out. And what worries me is that I'm constipated, the stool still in my intestines, but I can't feel it at all. I was given a lot of laxative, and I mean A LOT. For the past week, I had never felt ANYTHING. Should I be worried? 

so, what are you saying exactly?

• Linda

I've been to the ER for constipation so I can relate. That sounds really uncomfortable and I'm glad you went to the ER. The urine sample can tell doctors a lot about what is going on in your body. Have you tried Miralax and suppositories? I have constipation sometimes very severe and those two help me the most. You might be impacted because I didn't poop for a month one time and I didnt realize I was until I went and couldn't. You may need an enema if it is impacted to flush it out. Five days isn't that long really but I wouldn't worry about it unless they told you that you had a blockage somewhere and they didn't. Dulcolax or an enema should do the trick. I wouldn't be worried at this point but after you get cleaned out in the future you need to use something like Miralax on a regular basis. I do and it helps.

That's not good. Take a laxative.