Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Does GOD sometimes use non believers to communicate spiritual truths?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

God sometimes uses non believers to demonstrate His power and particularly the power of prophesy. Joseph, for instance, met with two men in prison after being falsely accused of trying to seduce Potiphar's wife. Those two men were sent dreams, almost certainly by God and Joseph was able to interpret those dreams. For one there was a happy ending but for the other was great misfortune. However, having interpreted these dreams, it helped Joseph at a subsequent time and which fitted in with God's plan for him. (Genesis 40)

So yes, God does use non believers in whatever way He so chooses and of particular note is the fact that we are told that towards the end people will see visions and dream dreams and that His Spirit will be poured out on all flesh and that necessarily includes non believers.

Sweet dreams ........ ?

Myth is He? ...... we will see ........

Incidentally, Balaam did not want to curse Israel as he was told, by God, not to. A righteous man never makes an invocation of that sort unless he has been given authority to so do, I believe and on that occasion he was refused for obvious reasons.

18 But Balaam answered them, “Even if Balak gave me all the silver and gold in his palace, I could not do anything great or small to go beyond the command of the Lord my God. 19 Now spend the night here so that I can find out what else the Lord will tell me.

So it can be argued, however, that God used Balak to demonstrate His might and power and to show that no amount of money is worth departing from the path of righteousness nor, indeed, are any threats of violence .... even unto death.

Interesting that Jea and misty are both here and not many others. You are here for a reason. Let's hope it is a good purpose for you both and not just for one and not the other on this occasion.

lol?

• jack5341 month agoReport

Fantastic! Very thoughtful, thorough answer, and the scripture from Joel/ Acts speaks to me in a huge yet unexpected way!! Thank you

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

To consider...

John

11:48 If we let him go on in this way everybody will believe in him, and the Romans will come and destroy the Holy Place and our nation.'

11:49 One of them, Caiaphas, the high priest that year, said, 'You don't seem to have grasped the situation at all;

11:50 you fail to see that it is better for one man to die for the people, than for the whole nation to be destroyed'.

11:51 He did not speak in his own person, it was as high priest that he made this prophecy that Jesus was to die for the nation -

The Jerusalem Bible ...

• Doug
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

All the time......

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sure, I've had that happen to me several times.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • misty
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Since all gods are myths the answer has to be no.

• Jea
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No.                   

• A
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

There have been instances where Jehovah God used non-believers & even opposers to deliver a message of truth. One example is Balaam, who despite wanting to curse Jehovah God's people, ended up blessing them. (Numbers 22:4-6, 23:1-11)

Source(s): New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, JW.org
  • 2 months ago

God is in everyone. When we ask for love, God arrives. Love is maturity.

• 2 months ago

NOT LIKELY.....

• Jeff
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

no gods exist. grow up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.