Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Does GOD sometimes use non believers to communicate spiritual truths?

Favorite Answer

God sometimes uses non believers to demonstrate His power and particularly the power of prophesy. Joseph, for instance, met with two men in prison after being falsely accused of trying to seduce Potiphar's wife. Those two men were sent dreams, almost certainly by God and Joseph was able to interpret those dreams. For one there was a happy ending but for the other was great misfortune. However, having interpreted these dreams, it helped Joseph at a subsequent time and which fitted in with God's plan for him. (Genesis 40)

So yes, God does use non believers in whatever way He so chooses and of particular note is the fact that we are told that towards the end people will see visions and dream dreams and that His Spirit will be poured out on all flesh and that necessarily includes non believers.

Sweet dreams ........ ?

Myth is He? ...... we will see ........

Incidentally, Balaam did not want to curse Israel as he was told, by God, not to. A righteous man never makes an invocation of that sort unless he has been given authority to so do, I believe and on that occasion he was refused for obvious reasons.

18 But Balaam answered them, “Even if Balak gave me all the silver and gold in his palace, I could not do anything great or small to go beyond the command of the Lord my God. 19 Now spend the night here so that I can find out what else the Lord will tell me.

****

So it can be argued, however, that God used Balak to demonstrate His might and power and to show that no amount of money is worth departing from the path of righteousness nor, indeed, are any threats of violence .... even unto death.

Interesting that Jea and misty are both here and not many others. You are here for a reason. Let's hope it is a good purpose for you both and not just for one and not the other on this occasion.

lol?

• jack5341 month agoReport

Fantastic! Very thoughtful, thorough answer, and the scripture from Joel/ Acts speaks to me in a huge yet unexpected way!! Thank you

To consider...

John

11:48 If we let him go on in this way everybody will believe in him, and the Romans will come and destroy the Holy Place and our nation.'

11:49 One of them, Caiaphas, the high priest that year, said, 'You don't seem to have grasped the situation at all;

11:50 you fail to see that it is better for one man to die for the people, than for the whole nation to be destroyed'.

11:51 He did not speak in his own person, it was as high priest that he made this prophecy that Jesus was to die for the nation -

The Jerusalem Bible ...

• Doug

All the time......

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • David

Sure, I've had that happen to me several times.

• misty

Since all gods are myths the answer has to be no.

• Jea

No.                   

• A

There have been instances where Jehovah God used non-believers & even opposers to deliver a message of truth. One example is Balaam, who despite wanting to curse Jehovah God's people, ended up blessing them. (Numbers 22:4-6, 23:1-11)

Source(s): New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, JW.org

God is in everyone. When we ask for love, God arrives. Love is maturity.

NOT LIKELY.....

• Jeff

no gods exist. grow up.