Help boot Windows 10 from new ssd then still use programs on my HDD?

Hello everyone. I received a new 120g ssd and I cloned my Windows 10 and a few other programs from my original 1TB HDD onto it and made it as my boot drive and it works just fine but I don't know how to get it to boot using the new ssd to my hdd so I can access everything that I still have on my hdd ? Help would be greatly appreciated

when you cloned the drive it would be a full clone and it should have all your installed programs already on it. You should therefore be able to erase your 1tb disk and use that storage space for data. Windows does not allow for access to programs that were installed on a 2nd drive, because all their installation details are held within the REGISTRY on the 2nd drive and not the registry of the ssd . However i am wondering because you have stated you Cloned the drive when in fact that would have been impossible if your 1TB disk had more than 120gb of stuff on it. So maybe you just installed a fresh copy of windows 10 and expected to be able to somehow copy across programs from the other drive or just run them, which in most cases would not work. You have to re-install them on the ssd which will obviously fill up the ssd. If you thought you can manually transfer folders with files in them and get windows to start on the ssd then that wont work either. For any disk to boot properly you either have to go through the OS installation process or to properly clone(disk sector for disk sector) using a proper Hard disk manager such as easus/paragon/acronis.

• YKhan

I assume you want to keep all of your user data on the HDD, while keeping the OS and programs on the SSD, right? Follow the instructions in this webpage to show you how to move your Users folder to the existing HDD.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1964-move-user...

• You have to install the HDD as a second drive/slave drive.

Install the HDD as a slave.  Most desktop computers (Not laptops) have a way to include as many as 4 drives (including DVD/CD, HDD, SSD etc)