Since Royals can't have an open marriage out in the open do P. Andrew and Sarah Ferguson pretend to not be together so they can have one?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Pretty much that it the way I understand it operates.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Prince  Andrew  and  Sarah Ferguson  are divorced

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It doesn't seem much of a pretence as they are living together.

• Rico
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

'Open marriages' have no legal standing in 'western society'. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No.

From what I've read over the many years is that Andrew really didn't want to divorce Sarah, and, Sarah's problems in the marriage were from courtiers who did not provide the help and guidance she needed, just rampant criticism, as well as with Andrew's prolonged absences due to his naval duties.

They have gone on to date other people, but they have remained supportive of one another, so supportive that many are led to believe that they may one day remarry.

Open marriages are not an option.

Affairs, which are meant to be private, are unfortunately quite commonplace, with many people unable to live up to their wedding vows. The way that Sarah's affair with John Bryan was exposed brought great shame to the royal family, publicly cuckolding Andrew; the couple had been going through a separation at the time, but there were hopes for a reconciliation. The revelation that Sarah was having an affair, via pictures of the topless Duchess of York having her toes sucked by her "financial adviser" proved too much for the Queen. Andrew was told to divorce.  If the affair had not been made public, who knows, maybe the Yorks would still be married, able to whether a bad patch in the marriage.

• 2 months ago

Why would you think that?   No.   And who said 'Royals' can't have affairs outside marriage.   That's happened for generations.

• Ozzie Klunk
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

I didn't say "affairs", did I?  I said open marriage and there's a big difference.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.