How is this pregnancy possible?

I’m gonna try to keep this short. I’ve been trying to make sense of it in my head but it just isn’t working out for me -

I’m 18 years old and my girlfriend is 17 in grade 12, about 2 weeks ago she started gaining a bit of weight and feeling sick all the time so we did a Pregnancy blood test which came back positive, and they assumed she was around 5 weeks pregnant. It made sense because she got her birth control switched 5 weeks prior. We can’t have a kid and her parents would murder me if they found out, even though we didn’t really do anything wrong it was just shitty luck (we’ve been together for 2 years so normally, unless you’re religious, you’re going to do the ‘do’”. So we started talking about abortion and had a full proof plan, we just had to get an ultrasound done to see if she can take the pill or if she needed the surgery. This was last week. She went to the ultrasound on her own cos I was at work and she thought it would be fine, but she calls me and tells me she needs me at the hospital, I get there and she says she’s due next month (January 15th). This means she’s 8 months pregnant. Now the part I don’t understand is how can she be 8 months pregnant without either of us knowing? She gained about 3 pounds, hasn’t missed a period or had a late period or early, not even shorter or longer than normal. Is this normal? Also since we didn’t know, alcohol, nicotine and several things that are bad for pregnant women have been involved, what can that mean??

Favorite Answer

did you ask your doctor how this is possible?  If the ultrasonic is right then it's a moot point, she's going to have a baby in little over a month and abortion is not an option at this time.  Time to talk to Mom and Dad.

• Jason

When your child may be around 10 months old when he/she starts to react to you and smile at you making you his/ her favourite person, you would realize how foolish the idea of abortion would have been

Suppose you decided to have kids later on in your life and that child begins to behave as I mentioned above, you will regret your MISTAKE OF ABORTION which has happen earlier in your life and that regret won't go, believe me!

Don't do a thing which you will have to regret at a later stage in your life, your hardships now will ultimately end with time

I hope you would think twice!

What a load of baloney

You need your parents help on this one. It looks like she is going to have a baby and you can't hide it. It is certainly possible to be very pregnant and not know it. It's a lot to face up to very quickly. Wishing you well.