can taking steroids or testosterone before puberty halt your puberty?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm just a man, not a doctor of any kind.  But ANY drugs are used with a risk / reward calculation. At 13 I'd guess that T COULD be harmful if you didn't need it but you took it for a while, I've know a couple of men who had thick beard and chest hair at 13, but they ended up short and thin.  I dunno what made them hairy so young--medical drugs or a genetic thing or something that happened when they were little kids.  You know that steroids can really mess people up. Shrink their nuts and stuff.   If you think you need either of these SEE A DOCTOR, not some guy hangin' out behind the 7-11. 

• balan
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Steroids and other hormone medicines to be used under strict control of your family physician . regards.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

steroids can destroy the body

• Mike G
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It can seriously affect you negatively now, and for the rest of your life. Do not do that.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mike G
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/steroids-other-appearance-performance-enhancing-drugs-apeds/what-are-side-effects-anabolic-steroid-misuse

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Well, you can acquire diabetes and become infertile. 

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no it can not......

• Say I was 13 years old.And I took a lot of testosterone.Would it affect my puberty?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.