can taking steroids or testosterone before puberty halt your puberty?

• ron h

I'm just a man, not a doctor of any kind.  But ANY drugs are used with a risk / reward calculation. At 13 I'd guess that T COULD be harmful if you didn't need it but you took it for a while, I've know a couple of men who had thick beard and chest hair at 13, but they ended up short and thin.  I dunno what made them hairy so young--medical drugs or a genetic thing or something that happened when they were little kids.  You know that steroids can really mess people up. Shrink their nuts and stuff.   If you think you need either of these SEE A DOCTOR, not some guy hangin' out behind the 7-11. 

• balan

Steroids and other hormone medicines to be used under strict control of your family physician . regards.

steroids can destroy the body

• Mike G

It can seriously affect you negatively now, and for the rest of your life. Do not do that.

• Mike G
      1 month agoReport

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/steroids-other-appearance-performance-enhancing-drugs-apeds/what-are-side-effects-anabolic-steroid-misuse

Well, you can acquire diabetes and become infertile. 

• kelvin

no it can not......

• Say I was 13 years old.And I took a lot of testosterone.Would it affect my puberty?