Katie asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Celery juice cleanse making me feel a bit unwell ?

My third day on celery juice, I’m trying to detox as I have a lot of digestion problems, I am eating other things too, healthy things. but the first day I had an awful migraine, and since I’ve felt tired and unwell. My sinuses hurt. I just hope this is a sign on detox ! Anyone else had this ? 

You have a functioning liver and kidneys right? That's how your body detoxes. Special diets don't do anything to help. You feel like crap because your diet is currently terrible. 

What I said is the truth. Cleanses do not help detox. This is a fact. Google it if you don't believe me. I could have been less sarcastic yes but I am still right.

• Katie1 month agoReport

I wonder what kind of life you have sitting behind a screen and replying pointless sarcastic posts thinking u know everything, to ppl asking for help... get a life 

First, there is nothing magic in celery juice. It won't "detox" your cells because it won't reach them. You got a migraine because of on or all of the following:

1.  You're dehydrated.  You aren't drinking enough WATER in addition whatever it is your consuming on your "cleanse."

2.  You're experience caffeine withdrawal.  If you're used to drinking coffee, caffeinated tea, caffeinated soft drinks, or eating chocolate, your body is probably addicted to caffeine.  If you stop that cold-turkey, you'll get headaches.  Easiest thing to do is just to drink some coffee or green tea.  

3.  You're experiencing sugar withdrawal.  Same as above.  If you are used to eating lots of carbs, let alone sugary ones, your body will react strongly to a low-carb, low-sugar diet. Your blood sugar is all over the place and that will cause those symptoms. In a low-carb diet this is commonly referred to as "the keto flu."  Once your body adapts, you should be fine but it can take a week if your diet has be bad. 

4. You're getting a sinus infection or a cold.  Sometimes your diet has nothing to do with your symptoms.

Good luck.

They say that we feel pain in order to let us know we're ill or should stop doing something completely unnecessary to our body without professional guidance!

• Andy C

There is no magic bullet and eating no amount of healthy food counteracts the damage done by eating bad foods.

You can't just add acai Berries and expect to make a difference. You must first and foremost stop consuming junk foods (most processed foods) on a regular basis.

If you don't quit what you are addicted to, you will remain ill and/or fat and keep getting sicker and fatter.

Detox is a fine concept but no juice is going to negate the punishment that you bestow on your gut by regularly consuming sugar.

Yes, I'm calling you addicted to sugars. Prove me wrong and give them up for a month (and see how your IBS is doing then).

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A
    • Katie1 month agoReport

I’m only 19, 8 stone, I’m very strict with my diet. I have acne & I’m Experimenting to see if this calms my PCOS. don’t get why everyone has to be so pretentious & rude when I’m asking for advice of other people that have EXPERIENCE. Celery juice been proven to help for so many things