Boo! asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why do feminists claim to speak for all women? ?

As a woman myself I disagree with feminists on a lot of issues. They don’t represent me. 

For example, abortion. It’s against my moral values and I believe abortion is wrong. So those feminists don’t speak for me. 

Favorite Answer

Most women are not feminist.   Feminists claim to speak for all women because that’s what gives them power.    Imagine a feminist organization going to congress and saying we want X even though 2/3 of women disagree with us.   Obviously they have to claim they speak for all women.   

There's nothing wrong with wanting equal rights. It's the 21st century it's pretty pathetic that women don't have the same rights as men. The U.S isn't some overly religious 3rd world country. 

• .Jerry.
      1 month agoReport

I will ask you both now, and please come back to answer:
      Where do you live? And what legal Rights do men have that are denied to women where you live??

I don't quite get it either, but it could be a way of uniting the women who do agree with their stance and vocalising their points more (e.g. "I speak for all women when I say that..." has more oomph to it than "I think that...")

You don't have to agree with all their beliefs just because you're a woman though. A lot of feminists are pretty hypocritical and don't think before they speak, even though I'd probably count as one myself I find it's better to stray away from a lot of modern feminist ideals.

no feminist is forcing you to have an abortion

• 1 month agoReport

JEWS MUST LATER TILL VANISH LIVE ON EARTH
      They keep cheating public about God even they knew book of life is a science book but dont get lasered till vanish.
      ALLAH cannot forgive himself.... How?

Google "Danny Woo vk" in Bing for book of lifeI. A science book that dont exist in human worldI

Because they have a cause and cannot believe that everyone else might not agree with them.

Feminists speak for most working women who want equal pay and equal opportunities, and need to be self sufficient, have kids to support, etc. They don't speak for those women who are happy to let their men support them financially.

• 1 month agoReport

ALLAH cannot forgive himself.... How?

There is not one feminism and therefore not a single set of beliefs and values which you have to sign up to, and no central authority which defines feminism beyond the idea that it's about treating women fairly.

• WaldoBC
      1 month agoReport

I don't disagree with your statement about "treating women fairly." I just wish they would stick to their claims of equality and also, perhaps, treat men fairly as well.

Because we ARE women.

• Boo!1 month agoReport

Then speak for yourselves

Hm.

Well don't you sound like a grateful lapdog who enjoys not having rights. ;-)

I don't care either way. It's your freedom to choose. But the point IS... thanks to Feminism and pre Feminist movements, you now have that choice.

So... I don't claim to speak for all women. But I claim supporting womens rights to choose.

• paul

yes you nave an opinion just like they do