For Patriots/Brady fans: are you hoping that he will retire after this season before his skills erode further?

Favorite Answer

I think he's seeing the end.  Brady is the best QB in NFL history.  He has nothing more to prove. 

He reminds me of Carl Yastrzemski.  Yaz retired at age 44, in 1983.  He said he felt good all year...until August, when he felt totally drained.  It was then he decided he was finished.  However, Yastrzemski did say, "If I had known how good Roger Clemens was going to be, I would have held on for one more year, just so I could say I played with him."  Brady doesn't think that way.  Brady said, "I'll retire when I suck."  But only he knows when he has reached that point.

• Ozzie Klunk

The trick, I think is to know when you're done before anyone else knows.  

No, two years ago we traded away his backup (Garoppolo), now we have no one to replace him. I hope he plays until his wheels fall off.

I hope he does what makes him happy.

He is still a better QB than 80% of the league and there is no one else I'd rather have in clutch situations or big games.

All in all, his experience and passion to win, makes him very valuable.

• CD

I remember Johnny U at the end of his career, as well as Payton Manning, Brady is still good for now, but you can see he's starting to slip. He should remember Unitas and Manning, and realize it's better to go a year too soon, then stay a year too long.

It's not like Brady has anything left to prove. 

He is still playing great and even though his skills are eroding slowly as the years pass, if he is still getting wins, I don't see why he should retire.