Hi everyone, I need your opinions upon this topic: People are living longer now. How will this affect society? ?
- cutiepieLv 42 months agoFavorite Answer
- I know that nursing is booming right now because of the elderly population.
- More businesses, jobs, technology are being created.
- More consumers for businesses / services.
- More pollution in the air because of everyone driving cars.
- Shortage of natural resources over time: water, gas, etc.
- More wars because of other countries not getting along.
- MercyLv 72 months ago
- Spock (rhp)Lv 72 months ago
there are multiple books discussing exactly this subject. perhaps the primary one is that the ratio of workers to non-workers in a society will decline. That suggests a higher portion of total resources devoted to non-workers ... which probably means higher taxes on workers and, therefore, lesser ability by them to invest for their own futures.