Jenny
Jenny asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

Isn't it amazing how politicized universities have become?

In the impeachment proceedings, this happened:

What I found to be the toughest challenge that day was how to answer, under oath, this question, asked by Chairman Jerrold Nadler:

Professor Feldman, if Washington were here today, if he were joined by Madison and Hamilton and other framers, what do you believe they would say if presented with the evidence before us about President Trump’s conduct?

I don’t want to hold you in suspense. Here’s what I actually did answer:

I believe the framers would identify President Trump’s conduct as exactly the kind of abuse of office, high crime and misdemeanor that they were worried about and they would want the House of Representatives to take appropriate action and to impeach.

I meant it, and I believe it.

End quote

However, on my entrance exam for a prestigious college thirty some years ago, i was asked almost the identical question. 

My response in short was to say it was reckless and disingenuous to assume what someone long dead would say.

I received the highest score possible.

They don't know what Washington would say.  It was conjecture at best and most likely just partisan bias.

• Foofa

Not sure your question's title really has much to do with the text of the question. Of course universities in the US have largely become far left but that's somewhat unrelated to what the Framers were thinking. It's not some secret that a lot of the signers of Constitution were somewhat ruthless in the ways they made their money. The US only exists because these guys didn't want to pay taxes. So it shouldn't stun anyone to find out that our government has always existed to improve the plight of capital.

Your earlier response is sufficient. However saying they would all say the same, "go to hell." would suffice.

You're probably amazed every morning when the sun comes up.

• Jenny
      1 month agoReport

But of course you see an ad hominem attack as a valid response because you have nothing of value to say.  Your original response was an ad hominem and then when it exploded in your face, you went with it again...at least you're consistent.