Ben asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Creatine and gym?

Do you (need) to go to the gym when takin creatine?

I want to gain some weight and size , starting the gym next month and was recommended to get creatine and protein along with following a diet, I’m going to start the protein, training and diet next month as I’m not home much this month.

Would it hurt to just take creatine daily without training ?

Favorite Answer

You will not get noticeable gains from taking creatine without training. Creatine is a natural amino acid so taking it for fun wouldn't hurt. However, it is not a steroid, but a supplement. If you don't cause stress on muscle fibers, then there is nothing to repaire. You must train and take supplements. If you are not home, you can still find hotel gyms or do bodyweight exercises with resistance.

• Logan

The creatine studies show that it can help pump out a few more reps due to increased energy storage.  There is no measurable increase in muscle size from creatine.  There is no reason to take creatine unless you are competing in a sport or physical activity. 

Be aware of the side effects.  You will experience severe shrinkage of your genitalia and you will become enraged and violent.  There are a lot of savage beatings in gyms because people taking this drug go on the attack at the slightest provocation.

If you're a vegan or vegetarian, you can take a little creatine each day to fill in what you might be missing from your diet, even when you're not working out. If you eat meat, then you should take it only post workout (because meat has creatine in it). You don't have to take it after every single workout if you work out every day. I work out 4-5 days a week and I take creatine post work out only.