Rhys asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

Is this a good engagement/wedding band set? ?

My girlfriend has wanted me to propose to her for quite some time. She even said it would be fine to do it with a ring pop, I’m not rich but I don’t want to be that cheap. I found this set for $2400 does it look nice for the price? Is it a good looking set? I’ve never proposed before so I’m absolutely new at this. Any advice would be awesome.

don't be suckered into spending that much for a ring.. ONE months pay is plenty. AFTERALL IS she buying you a new set of rims and tires..

It's beautiful. Anniversary bands are popular. If she doesn't like it

It's hard to tell the size of the stone, and even what the stone is from the photo. Let's assume it's a diamond, oval cut, 1/4 carat and a gold band...maybe a quarter ounce of 14K gold, and all the little chips. It is pretty and a lot of work went into setting the pave. Still, I think it's a $1500 set.

Source(s): have been a jewelry maker

Sure, pricier jewelry means your love for her is greater than cheaper jewelry. /endsarcasm

Get one out of a Crackerjack box and then tap that booty

The cost should be equal to 3 month of total income. Pay it off over time if needed

• drip

Research diamonds , rings and jewelers, just like you would for any other big purchase. 

Where I work I see a lot of younger women. This Halo style ring is extremely popular. Everyone has it. 

Which would be why I wouldn’t want it. 

Please talk to your girlfriend.

• Dimple

I wanted a simple ring with a decent diamond.   My husband got a halo ring....  you know what I did?   I wore it because my husbands love meant more to me then the design of the ring.  I bought both of our wedding bands.  Because he spent so much on the diamond ring I didn’t want him to waste any mo

• John

Jewellery is screwy. And pricing is even screwyer. 

Try big box like target or Walmart. You'll find those mass produced and going for about 50 bucks.

• Dimple

My hose department stores make rings for people who can’t afford real diamond rings. Jewelers use 18k 20k and 22k metals.  And their stones are both natural and factory made.  They however get the clear stones hence their pricing is more.  But don’t trust all jewelers.  Do research 

I like the ring, it's very pretty.

• Cammie

We need to know the statistics on the ring.

Cut, color, clarity and carat weight..Is this a real diamond ? It doesn't look too good.Find some thing more simple.