After my stitches on my foot , How do I get rid of the dead skin that grew over ? ?

I broke my toe from a car accident and ended up getting surgery with two pins . After getting the stitches taken out my foot hasn't looked the same . The area where the stitches were have hard layers of skin (calluses) that won't come off easily . It hurts to try to pick or rub it off with a wash cloth. What should I do ???

I've seen my surgeon and he told me it's "callus" and I can pick or peal it off . But I'm not comfortable with even looking let alone touching my feet ...  I got the surgery in September

leave it alone. focus on something else. when you go back to see the doctor ask him then.

• Baylee1 month agoReport

I've seen my surgeon and he told me it's "callus" and I can pick or peal it off . But I'm not comfortable with even looking let alone touching my feet ...  I had the surgery in September

• Andy C

It's not dead skin, but close. It's not entirely functional and it's called scar tissue. Mess with it and you will only end up with more.

Why should everything go back to normal after an auto accident? Your brain won't be the same and neither will your foot. Best to accept this fact in order to best manage it.

Denial (where you are right now) will likely lead to depression.

• If it's painful or there are signs of infection (it's not clear from the picture) see a doctor.  Otherwise, just leave it alone.  The scarring will reduce in time.

• Baylee1 month agoReport

I've seen my surgeon and he told me it's "callus" and I can pick or peal it off . But I'm not comfortable with even looking let alone touching my feet ...  No infection

• Kelley

Please see a physician.

• Baylee1 month agoReport

I've seen my surgeon and he told me it's "callus" and I can pick or peal it off . But I'm not comfortable with even looking let alone touching my feet ...