Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Why would my boyfriend even consider having a girlfriend (back) in his life when he is in the most difficult time in his life?

My boyfriend and I have dated for almost a year. We sre in our mid-20s. Our relationship hit a rocky place a few months ago and we had to stop it, he was going through a very hard (mental) time and needed time to himself. Nothing bad happened with us, we have a great bond and relationship, he just needed time to get into a better place... 

A month later he got back in contact with me and worked for us to get back together , doing all he could to work on everything he needed to work on. Such as communicating when something is going on or just expressing himself more when he is not doing okay. 

We are back together. He is still in the toughest time in his life, although he has done better at improving himself and communication. It is taking work but, it’s gotten better, slowly. 

I have wonder though, WHY, in the worst time in his life would he even think about having a girlfriend? Or even want one back in his life when he already has so much stress on his plate?

Not saying I don’t want to be with him, I love him dearly. But why would he even want a girlfriend right now? 

I thought maybe once we stopped dating he would stick with himself, especially with all the stress he has. Instead he wanted me back a month later. I would think, he would have just wanted himself to himself at that point.

Favorite Answer

I couldn’t even finish that retarded mess of a story. If this guy is mentally unstable enough that he can’t keep a relationship together when “nothing happened” then I don’t know what you could possibly follow that with to redeem him. I’m a 30 year old guy and I’ve never heard some sissy **** like that. Drop that dude and find a real man.

• k w

maybe he wanted help with the load he did have.....dunno...ask him !

he already had a lot on his plate, but breaking up with you probably made him feel worse. He couldn't take it anymore so he wanted to be with you.