How Should I Ask for Consent Before Sexting?

I've been having all these sexual thoughts about this other human being. I'd like to share them with her over text (but only if she'd enjoy that). But I want to make sure she's in the right headspace for that before I do that. I don't want to text her if she's at sexual capacity/dealing with some personal issues.

I just need to get some guidance on how to do this respectfully. Hopefully I can find some.

Favorite Answer

It's a great sign that you think of asking for consent. If you're not joking then faith in humanity restored because that's very thoughtful. If you have to ask yahoo answers though, then I'm sure you're not in a close enough relationship to bring up sexting.

First to state the obvious and don’t assume she wants to sext, even if you've had sex with her before. And even if you've talked about sexting before, you need to lay down some ground rules for how you each of you like to sext. Introduce the topic without being too explicit. It’ll give her the opportunity to respond in a way where you can gauge whether she wants to go into more detail or not.

Unfortunately, men think that women must want what they want. This is not true. She may think you are a pervert or a sexual predator, and in either case, she may run away from you as any sane woman will do if you try it. Men are wired sexually while most women are not. Sexting is a huge turn off to most women. You lower them to the status of a prostitute by doing it when most women just want to be raised up by being loved or cherished. You need to have a real relationship first starting as friends and dating for a good length of time before even bringing up this subject...

You should meet in person first. A cyberrelationship isn't real.