Stilton Cheese Help?

So, I just bought this Blue Stilton Cheese from ALDI after hearing it causes wacky dreams. I heard it had a "strong taste", but upon eating it, it was one of the most unpleasant tastes I have ever experienced. I quickly looked up recipes to make it taste better, and ended up crumbling it into a baked potato soup (with cheese and bacon). It was only slightly better,though, and by the time I finished it, I legitimately felt like I was about to throw up. 

I really want to finish the cheese, though, so what do you recommend I do with it to make it more appitizing?

I enjoy bleu Stilton with cracker or toast points, using very little cheese and drink a good red wine with the cheese. I consider it a treat, but didn't know I could get it at Aldi. I've been paying about $20.00 a pound.

• denise

Put it in a quiche with salmon:;; Or ;-

Mix it with breadcrumbs, herbs, cooked chopped bacon, chopped scallions & a little butter. then you can stuff mushrooms with it or baked tomatoes, jacket potatoes, on toasted english muffins.

• Tavy

You heard wrong, how ridiculous you kids are.

If you don't like the taste then bin it.

just accept you don't like it, and don't buy it again

• CB

Make a white sauce using a little garlic in the butter as it heats, make the roux add the milk/creme/half and half (any of the above). and when it thickens add some of the Stilton and let it melt - taste test and see how you like it, add a little more but don't overdo it. 

The cream sauce will really beat-down the sharp flavor. I use the sauce over pasta with sauteed onions peppers and italian sausage or chicken.  

Bleu cheese (aka blue) is a strong cheese.  Probably 2 types of people those that love Bleu cheese and those that dislike it. 

I happen to love bleu cheese and like it crumbled on salad, on a burger, smeared on a cracker, and I love my "Red White and Bleu Potato salad" 

I suggest that you find a friend that likes bleu cheese and give it to them. 

If you do not like it no matter what you do with it you will not enjoy the results. 

Save it to use the next time you have a salad, or make a hamburger or even a steak. A little goes a long way because of its strong flavor, and hence my belief where you went wrong by eating too much at once. Stilton happens to be my favorite, but not every Stilton is good and I have my doubts that Aldi would even offer an authentic Stilton imported from England. Good Luck.

there are many different types of bleu cheese and Stilton is probably one of the strongest flavored ones. I love bleu cheese but NOT Stilton because of that strong flavor. I prefer Maytag bleu.

As to causing wacky dreams??? In all the years I was a chef and ate all sorts of cheeses, and other foods etc, I never had wacky dreams from any food.

There's nothing going to change the fact that you don't like it!

It's a matter of taste, if you do not like it I do not know what would change that.

All I can suggest is that you use it in very small amounts in other things, or in very strongly flavoured food like curry or chilli..

Personally, that's one of my favourite cheeses - though no type of cheese has ever caused me to have strange dreams.