K asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

How come the hoarders on "How clean is your house" and "Obsessive compulsive cleaners" are allowed to let their places get to that stage?

Why do their landlords allow it? They should have been evicted long before they appear on TV.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

a lot of landlords don't inspect their property regularly.  They are happy to take the payments-and unless they hear complaints they think everything is alright.  after seeing those shows though--you'd think they'd be popping by occasionally!

• ...Show all comments
    • Kiss Me Kate
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I live in one of those states--never stopped my landlords from giving notice and coming to "inspect the pipes" because there was a "leak downstairs" (no leak) they just want to make sure no one is trashing their place-which is smart.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

When you own your own home you have no landlord to worry about.

• 2 months ago

hoarding is some kind if brain disorder,,about which no one offers a cure except to get some smiling patient leader to drag them around the nose

and show them living like a caveman cave dame is stupid

I do wonder why so often the ladies are tubbies,who chomp off camera incessantly

• 2 months ago

Hoarders are sometimes difficult to spot! They typically hide their "hoard" from the outside world! Only when they allow a person inside their realm that has enough concern for them is the hoarding revealed!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I think you'll find they own their own properties, so they can do basically as they wish.  And if they are tenants often the landlord isn't aware and doesn't care as long as the rent is paid and there are no complaints from others about rats, leaks coming from the property etc.

• hammy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I seen that the people on Hoarders are owners, owners can get away with a lot of things if the owner doesnt call in an inspection. Also people get away with a messy house because it looks nice on the outside.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't many of them own their own homes? They don't have landlords

And there's probably laws preventing landlords from kicking tenants out just for being messy. They would actually have to have/cause mold or the walls or something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.