How do I find out if this guy has a thing for me?

I'm sorry this is so long but I had to explain everything...

I've been talking to a guy (on FB) I went to high school with on and off for almost 4.5 years. We've gotten in several arguments where we stop talking and one of us blocks the other. Eventually, we will both unblock each other and start talking again. Usually, we would only go for 2 or 3 months without speaking but this last time it was a year. I really thought we would never speak again until he messaged me out of the blue. 

We've never talked about a relationship between us because I'm married. He's never even hinted at dating me if I weren't married. In fact, at times he'll say rude things to me like how ugly I am. He likes to bring up when he's speaking to women on dating sites. He brags that these women are into him and begging to meet him because he's "well endowed". I have no idea if his claim is true because we have never sexted. 

A couple of years ago, I told my mom I was talking to him (since she knows his mom). She told me that back in high school, he had a huge crush on me. He would tell his mom things like how beautiful I was, much he loved me and that he was going to marry me someday. I guess he also followed me around a lot, which I didn't notice. I didn't ask him if he stalked me but one time while talking about crushes back in high school, he admitted to me that he stalked some girl (who just so happens to have the same first name as me). 

Favorite Answer

Generally when a guy has a thing for you he will do things like compliment you, look for excuses to be around you, flirt with you, hint at wanting to see you etc. In your case I don't think the vibes that he will send your way will be overt because you are married. However, if he seems to enjoy talking to you on a regular basis then he may be interested.

I think the fact that he is mean to you is also interested. Sometimes a guy will be mean to you for no good reason in order cover up any feelings. Basically, he doesn't want you falling under the impression that he likes you and he thinks that being mean to you is the best way of going about this. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): When this guy is mean to you does it seem random and uncalled for or is it at the end of an argument?
    • Yes, it helped. Thank you. Yes, it's kind of random yet he fits it into what we are talking about.  When he's mad he just tells me to go F off. 

You're married and carrying on this way?

• Carrying on this way? Can you elaborate? I've never cheated on my husband with anyone. I am friends with this guy but sometimes I question whether he sees it as being more than friends.